Friday, September 29, 2017

LEE GOLDBERG'S MONK CRIME NOVELS SET IN SAN FRANSISCO

Years ago, I enjoyed the crime TV show Mr.Monk, I loved the stories, the acting,  and most of all, I loved the the characters.

Now i.e. September 2017, I have borrowed the books from TPL and am having a blast!
Any one of the Monk novels, is just the right book to read  on days like today,  where the skies are grey and the temperatures are falling. The crimes are not gruesome & the characters are adorable.   Even though I was annoyed by the extensive descriptions of Monk's OCD, a couple of books later, I started enjoying instead of being irritated or merely tolerating his OCD!

Today, Sept 29th is a grey cloudy day with the temperature at 13 celsius. It's 9 am but I am still in bed with a Monk novel... I am going in to work late today. The silence in my room is broken every few seconds by the muted sound of the vehicles passing outside and the occasional screaming  sirens of  police cars and ambulances  racing by. My husband has left for work and I have the house to myself. The cat is sleeping at my feet. I am under a nice soft cotton sheet, which is not too warm and  just right for me. I have my breakfast on the table by my bed. I am reading  'Monk is cleaned out'.

After laughing when I read the bit about  Monk's stay at Stottlemeyer's house, I took a break to capture these blissful minutes in this article.

Heaven cannot get better than this!

Mr.Monk series   definitely  falls under the 'feel-good, comfort book' category for me. The only fly in the ointment is that  I may not read it over and over again like I do other 'comfort' books.

Or who knows?  After a few years I 'may' re-read the Monk novels  with the same degree of enjoyment as I am doing today. That's one of the few pros of being cursed with a poor memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment